The Group's origins date back to 1823 with the foundation of Australia's second bank, The Bank of Van Diemen's Land, by Thomas Lempriere.

The Bank of Van Diemen's Land building (left) was demolished in 1958. The twin lions above the main entrance were thankfully preserved, and after some travel now guard the entrance to St David's Park in Hobart Tasmania.

old buildingold building


The Lempriere name subsequently became known as a leader in the Australian wool industry, following the establishment of Lempriere Wool in 1857.

Still in operation today Lempriere Wool has been trusted to source and process wool for the textile mills and fashion houses of Europe, England, Japan and North America for over 150 years. Illustrating the virtues the Lempriere name holds, dedication to integrity and quality, and the fostering of long standing relationships with customers.